Cheryl was dreaming of Denis Leary. More specifically, seeing Denis Leary in concert. He was singing his signature song.

I’m an asshole (he’s an asshole)

I’m an asshole (he’s the world’s biggest asshole)

A-S-S-H-O-L-E

Everybody

A-S-S-H-O-L-E

I’m an asshole and I’m proud of it


She was puzzled. She didn’t even LIKE Denis Leary. What confused her more was Jon Bon Jovi was there on stage with Denis. She didn’t realize they were friends. He was on stage, talking on his phone, and she could hear him clear as day even though he didn’t have a mic.

“Rich, man, what the fuck do you want?” He shot a smile at Cheryl that had her heart pounding. Then he jumped off the stage and sauntered toward her. Just before he reached her, the fog started to lift, and she began to wake up. She opened her eyes and let out a little scream. Jon smiled at Cheryl and blew her a kiss. He covered the mouthpiece. “Sorry,” he said. “Just a minute more.” He turned his attention back to the caller.

“Who is that with you? Where are you, man? Do you have any idea what time it is? This is your get-outta-bed-free call, bro.”

Jon laughed. “Thanks, man, but I’m cool. I have no fucking idea what time it is. I was asleep, asshole.”

Cheryl burst out laughing. “Oh my GOD, that’s your ringtone for Richie? I wondered why Denis Leary was in my head.” She shook her head and burrowed down into the covers. She couldn’t quite believe Jon was still there in her bed all rumpled and achingly sexy. He had a hand tucked behind his head, making his bicep bulge, and he had the phone pressed to his ear . She thought last night must have been a tawdry dream, and thought for sure she would wake up to an empty bed.

Last night was tawdry. Definitely tawdry.

And a dream? Dream come true, maybe.

And he was still there. Cheryl smiled a little self-satisfied smile.

“Jon,” Richie said, “We’re all here at the studio, are you coming back today? Or should I tell the guys to get gone.”

“Hell NO don’t tell them to leave!” Jon said, winking at Cheryl. “You all need the practice. I’ll be back later. Right now, I have something to do.”

“Something? Or someone?”

“Do they have to be different things? I’ll call ya when I’m on my way back to your place.”

“Yeah, I won’t hold my breath.”

Jon flipped his phone closed and dropped it on the floor. “Sorry he woke you, baby,” Jon said.

“Sorry I feel asleep,” Cheryl said. “I’m pretty sure I didn’t want to do that.” She reached out for him, but snatched her hand back. Would things be different in the light of day?

“What are you being shy for?” Jon asked.

Cheryl shook her head. “Just being stupid, I guess.”

“Well, if you want to be stupid, that’s up to you, I guess. But come and be stupid over here, closer to me.” Jon pulled Cheryl to him and kissed her.

A thunder of footsteps overhead followed by gales of laughter had Jon and Cheryl chuckling. “Guess your friends are letting us know they’re up,” Jon said.

“Yeah, subtle they aren’t.” She sighed. “I guess we should get up?” She looked over at her clock. “It is after noon,” she said. “I’m surprised they haven’t…” Her thought was cut off by a shout from down the hall.

“CHERYL! I’m just getting my shit to take a shower. I’ll go back upstairs when I’m clean and dressed in different clothes!”

Jon laughed and yelled back. “HATH! I have to piss, gimme a minute before you get naked in there.”

“Son of a BITCH!” he heard from behind the door. “Yell when you’re done.” A door slammed and a fist pounded on the wall. “I’m in my room – go do your business.”

Jon shook his head. “She is one strange chick,” he said.

“Yeah, but that’s why I love her,” Cheryl said. She watched Jon climb out of bed, and her eyes nearly bugged out of her head when she watched him bend over to pick up his jeans. She didn’t think that would be a flattering angle for ANYONE, but she was wrong. He stepped into his jeans and zipped them, but left them unsnapped. He looked at her, raising one eyebrow in question.

“Across the hall from Hath’s room,” Cheryl said.

Jon smirked and strode from the room. He took care of business and took great pleasure in banging on Hath’s door on his way back. “All set, Hath,” he said. “You can strip down now, baby.”

Hath chuckled. “How do you know I’m not already naked? I had to sleep in my clothes, you know. They were pretty rank.”

Jon snickered and jiggled the door knob. “I guess I could come in and check…”

He heard a scream and felt something slam into the door. “Get the fuck away from my door!” Hath shouted. “CHERYL!”

Jon laughed outright and went back to Cheryl’s room. She had put on a robe and was brushing the snarls out of her hair in the mirror. “Do you want something to eat before you go?”

Jon just looked at her. “Tired of me already?”

“No!” Cheryl said. “Of course not. I just figured you have things to do and –”

“I know, and you’re right; I do,” Jon said. “I could eat, though.”

They got dressed and ventured out into the hall. They could hear the shower going and Jon banged on the door as they went past, and laughed at Hath’s yell. Cheryl pulled on his arm. “Cut it out,” she said, chuckling.

They went upstairs and surprised Tara, Queenie, and Samantha in the kitchen. The girls were each making different things for lunch and chatting about the night before. They were laughing about Obie and reliving the night. They didn’t realize they were being eavesdropped on until Jon cleared his throat.

“Was Obie really the highlight of the evening, ladies?”

The three women screamed and jumped. “Don’t DO that!” Samantha yelled. “Damn it, man, you do not keep a fan base by giving your fans heart attacks!” The three women raked their gazes over Jon, taking in his rumpled, day-after beauty. Each sighed to herself. Cheryl was one lucky bitch.

Jon laughed. “So, what’s for lunch?”

0 comments: